Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Finding Time

I think the biggest curse of being a filmmaker is finding time for everything. Of course, this isn't too much of a problem for some... if you're wealthy, or have no family, then finding time is usually not a huge problem.





I am first and foremost a father and husband. My wife and four boys take up only a small portion of my time right now, but i see it as the most important time of my day. Add in trying to work a regular job to pay bills and sleep, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time in the week for filmmaking.

So where do I cut time to try and become a successful filmmaker? Family? Paying Work? Sleep? I usually choose the latter. It is currently 2am and I just finished rewriting the script and though I am running on fumes, I am busting out the notecards to start storyboarding.

I don't go overboard. I still sleep, it's just usually only 4-5 hours a night. If that.

I'm hoping that someday I can make a great living making films. I know that while working on a film it can take a great deal of time away from everything, but if I'm successful, I can take breaks between projects to spend time with my loved ones.

2 comments:

  1. I know that one day you will be a very successful film maker...keep at it Alex!

    ReplyDelete